Friday, September 10, 2010

Veritas Launch this Sunday!

Two more days until the much anticipated launch of Veritas Church!

As I look forward to Sunday, I remember...

1. God has been faithful

Yesterday as I sat in the Veritas office with the door open and the early fall breeze coming in, I was overwhelmed by thankfulness for how God has been faithful at every step on this journey. It has been quite a journey. Over a year ago, I pondered the thought of moving to Iowa City. In late October I was asked to consider moving to Iowa City.

Now here I am. Telling myself (and the world): God is faithful.

I feel like David in Psalm 40, "Many O LORD my God are the wonders you have done. The things you have planned for us no one can recount to you. Were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."

2. God will be faithful

I (along with Veritas Church) have not come to Iowa City to "blaze a trail for the gospel." We are not going anywhere God has not already been. He hasn't sent us on a journey, he's with us on this journey. Every step. So there's no reason to take ourselves too seriously.

"O LORD, you are my God. I will exalt and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things- things planned long ago." Is. 25:1

See you on Sunday. 10:30. Hotel Vetro.

Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments: