Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hospital Visit

Leatha had to take Makai into the ER on Monday night because his breathing was so bad. It was a terrible experience, for reasons which I won't go into detail now. 

The short of it is that Makai has RSV (along with Cameron and Beck) and some bacterial infection (i.e. Pneumonia?). Leatha (and me to some extent) has been up all hours of the night for the last few nights. Makai is home now but still quite sick. 


Psalm 46 was a great way to end my day. Our church is going through Lent with a Psalm countdown- click here for the link to the blog. "The LORD Almighty is with us. The God of Jacob is our fortress." I'll sleep to that.

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Scary breathing issues are the worst.

Round the clock albueterol? Been there. Done that. Would do it again for my kiddo to breath better.

Chris Brauns said...

I pray the Lord will give you strength.

Todd Tolson said...

Mark -

As a Dad, I immediately went to that "distressed" place for you. Of course, we know that God isn't distressed, or even surprised by this.

Praying for you, Leatha, and especially Makai...

Todd Tolson (friend of Ed's)

Metropuritan Mark said...

Bless you all for praying! It's a terrible time to leave Leatha with 4 sick kids on a TSC retreat this weekend. Thanks again.

Shalom.

- Mark