Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Family Date Night

We had $10 left in the grocery fund for the week and a 1/2 off coupon, so we went to the best pizza place in Ames... 

But first we went to the Wilson's farm, where the kids got to pet some baby chicks. 

We called in the pizza, and had some fun at the park while we waited.

At dinner, Leatha and I sat at a different table across from the kids, pretending we were on a date night without the kids. We let Ava be the parent at the kid table.

Al, the owner, graciously brought a couple cookies for the kids. The cookies were gigantic. Makai is enjoying some honey on the crust, a favorite at Great Plains.


The best part was coming home and not having to worry about dishes and cleaning up a mess in the kitchen. It was well worth the $8. 

The night ended with me climbing in bed with Cameron, and asking the boys what they think about when they lay in bed at night. As a kid, I remember laying awake in bed for a long time, pondering the world and praying to God.

I found that my kids are no different. They told me about their dreams: Beck told about a monster that tries to crush our house, while Cameron shared about getting "fives and ones" so he could buy a Bionicle.

They both talked about last week's D6 drama, where only one boy shared his toys, while the others refused to give them up. They said that if God asked, they would be willing to give up their most prized possessions, but "it wouldn't be easy."

I prayed my favorite Psalm over them, that they would be led into paths of righteousness and dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

2 comments:

The Massons said...

Ava is such a great big sister. Great Plains is on our list of places I'm dying to go to in a few weeks . . . it's sooo good.

aaron said...

Mark Arant,

It's Aaron Britton. . .what's up dude. . .beautiful family, great blog. It's great to "see" you again. I love what you guys are doing with Anthem. Maybe we'll get to worship together sometime again soon, I hope all is well.

God bless,
Aaron
www.519music.com
www.brittonadoptionjourney.blogspot.com
www.randominsights-aaron.blogspot.com