Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cliques

I was meeting with a graduating senior, and he asked me, "Do you think Salt Company is cliquey?"

Yes. Salt Company is very cliquey.

But our problem is not that we have too many cliques, it's that we don't have enough. 

I'm all for packs of people who like to hang out with each other. The beautiful thing about a large group (i.e. TSC) is that you're bound to find people you "click" with. 

The obvious "duh" here is that the body of Christ should not exclude people or show favoritism based on interests or outward appearance.

But please no Christian butt head cliques. Those are banned.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I've never been a part of any ministry anywhere any time (and I've now sojourned this earth 6 more years than Israel wandered in the wilderness) where someone didn't lament that it was too clique-y.

Which could mean that they all have been.

Or, that people are sensitive to that.

Or, both.

In the end, I think we need tight knit groups that face out . . .