Monday, March 10, 2008

A Morning Prayer

"Good morning, heavenly Father; good morning, Lord Jesus; good morning, Holy Spirit. Heavenly Father, I worship you as the Creator and Sustainer of the universe. Lord Jesus, I worship you, Savior and Lord of the world. Holy Spirit, I worship you, Sanctifier of the people of God. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may live this day in your presence and please you more and more. Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you. Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Holy, blessed, and glorious Trinity, three persons in one God, have mercy upon me. Amen."

- John Stott's Morning Prayer (It was said of Stott that if Evangelicals had a Pope, he would be the man).

Ed, thanks for the message on "Speaking with God" that so stirred my soul toward prayer last week, and continues to blaze in my soul fresh this morning. You continue to be my spiritual mentor. The last two series' on "Connection" and "Postively You were money. Praise the Lord for podcasts.

1 comment:

The Pelhams said...

We just wanted to give a shout out to you guys for introducing us to Redbox!! We had seen it many times, we live within about 2 miles of about 15 of them, but never had checked them out. We love to watch movies and on a tight budget, now we can enjoy them for free or a buck. Thanks guys!!
Andy and Shannon