Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Doll


A few months ago I was out talking to my neighbor Sharon and she mentioned that she knew how to sew. I asked her if she would be willing to help me learn a few things. Boy was I surprised when I stepped in her basement and saw that she had about everything you could ever want for sewing/quilting/crafting. She even dyes her own fabrics!

One morning Ava and I went over so she could show me how to sew some bias tape on a bib I was making. While we were there Ava played with the doll that she's holding in the picture. Before we left she asked Ava to pick out a dress pattern for the doll and said she would make it for the doll and give the doll to her. She whipped up this dress for the doll over the weekend and gave it to Ava today!

Ava was super excited, she didn't have a doll that had hair. She says it's her American Girl doll. She named it Addy. A few weeks ago we finished listening to the Addy series on CD from the library.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: