Monday, June 2, 2008

Beck gets on the scoreboard

Beck: "Daddy, where is heaven?"
Me: "Up there, kind of... But sort of everywhere... Well you can't see it" (the buzzer went off indicating I lost that round)

Beck: "Will Jesus give me a new guitar?"
Me: "I bet he will. He invented the guitar so he's got lots of cool ones I'm sure he'll share with you." (Not necessarily Biblical, but I thought it was a pretty solid answer)

Beck: "Who will come get us in heaven when we're ready to leave?"
Me: "Beck, we'll never have to leave. Jesus is there and we won't want to leave."
Beck: "Yeah, but how will we get out?"
Me: "We won't, we'll stay there forever."

Current score (I'm not quite sure how we're scoring it...): Cameron 1, Mark 1, Beck 1

I think the doctrine of glorification is one of the most amazing and yet least talked about wonders of Christian faith. I've got another post up my sleeve on this topic...

No comments: