Saturday, July 12, 2008

The blessing of jetlag is...

...You wake up at 2 a.m. with nothing to do but pray. It's especially good if you have the Hillsong pre-release (thanks Jamie!) to offset the Imam's call to prayer. I've said it before and I'll say it again- the song "You'll come" is anointed. What a blessing it was to my restless, desiring to go back to sleep (but couldn't) soul! I prayed for my friends who are having a hard time sleeping at night. May God give you rest.

Here's my friend Scott Rank, who is studying here. Dude is hilarious. He's in the "Ben Bradley" genre of people.



He has a sharp mind and knows everything there is to know about Turkey. Funny story... he has a friend who converted to Catholicism, so as a prank, every October 31st (anniversary of Reformation) he posts the 95 things he doesn't like about him on his door.





Here's Tim and on the Asian side of Istanbul, overlooking the Bosphorus/European side of Turkey. I saw Tim hug some team members, but not others. I learned that there was a formula for getting a hug from Tim: If he hasn't seen you for more than a week and you're in a foreign country overseas, then you qualify. Right before this picture was snapped, he said, "You don't need to get too close, we don't want to obstruct the view."

Our fellowship with the team (about 20 from Cstone and 10 others) was awesome this morning. I had the privilege of leading worship and sharing from the Word- a challenge to "live in the Lord's prayer." (an idea borrowed from Dallas Willard, who borrowed it from Jesus) Tim did a great job sharing from Daniel 7 and Matthew 13- the gospel will prevail among the nations!

No comments: