Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Anthem Week: Hunger

O God you are my God. Earnestly I seek you, my soul longs for you, my body thirsts for you. In a dry and weary land, where there is no water. O God you are my God. I've seen you in the sanctuary, beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. -Psalm 63

God, stir our hearts today with this hunger for you.

Here are some pictures from our Anthem rehearsal last night...It was so loud in the room where we practiced. I had earplugs in the entire time. I'm getting older and smarter. Some of the highlights: the connection group that served us a meal (lasagna!), the talent of that group is ridiculous, and Mattycakes taking the week off and making the 3 hour trip back to Ames to be a part of Anthem.

Here's a study in contrast: Bass player Bryan Alsbury. Notice the Metallica tshirt juxtuposed with the first stanza of "Amazing Grace" tatooed on his forearm. "Hold my breath as I wish for death" meets "was blind but now I see."

Clint Robinson is the tastiest drummer I've met. He plays drum lines that you want to sing. His drumming style is becoming a staple of the Anthem sound (i.e. the beginning of "Your glory")

No comments: