Monday, May 19, 2008

Divide and Conquer

Leatha's day started at 4:00 A.M. when she got up to feed Makai then went to exercise. My day began a couple hours later.

The fact that Leatha got a lot done is quite an understatement. She grinds this special wheat that we have to go to Omaha to get and then makes this incredible bread. Whatever my day looked like, it wasn't half the work she did.


All that to say, we were exhausted by 5 p.m., and we were poised to get the kids to bed early.

After an early dinner, Leatha took the kids on a bike ride. I did all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and listened to Ed Noble's podcast on my laptop. As soon as she got home, I put the kids to bed.

Divide and conquer was the key to our survival tonight.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Leatha, can I come over sometime and learn how you make your bread? I've been thinking of starting to do that myself, but have no idea where to begin...