Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Juno


Juno is a teen-cult movie, so I felt compelled to watch it.

Although it's neither in the same genre nor as amoral as Napolean Dynamite, it had the same indy feel and a similar cult following. Juno portrays a more accurate depiction of youth culture and view of sex and morality than I'd like to think.

I think the best summary I've read about this movie is found here...just read the "conclusion" if you're interested.

It reminded me that teenagers are generally clueless about two of the more important life principles (thanks, Ted Tripp, for the insight)...

Everyday we sow (Gal. 6) and store up (Matt. 6). Sow to righteousness or sin. Store up on earth or heaven. Sin seems harmless until you see its effect 1, 3 or 30 years later. Or, when you step into eternity.

This movie shows the total disregard current youth culture has for a fixed Moral Law. I'm curious to know what effect, if any, this movie will have long term. I wonder how teens are processing this movie.

No comments: