Friday, May 2, 2008

Word from the Lord

I hope you get to experience the kind of relationship I have with my dad at some time in your life. If you don't have it with your dad, maybe you'll have it with your son or daughter. And if none of those will ever be possible for you on earth, you'll get it in heaven.

Dad called and shared, "I got a word from the Lord this morning."

That's not altogether uncommon, because he reads his Bible every morning. He said, "Do you have a Bible?" I open my little pocket N.T./Psalms&Proverbs directly (no page turning) to the very passage he was about to share.

What a great word from the Lord, not only for him, but for me and 500+ young people who will be gathering tonight for worship and prayer (Anthem).

Psalm 31:24 "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD."
Psalm 32:6-8 "Let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

A prayer for Anthem tonight...

Yes, Lord, we will wait for you. We will be a generation whose hope is in you. We will be strong and take heart. LORD God Almighty- fill us with songs of deliverance! Teach this generation to walk in your ways. Instruct, counsel, and watch over us in the name of the risen Savior, Jesus Christ, who pours out effectual prayers on our behalf. Amen.

No comments: