Friday, September 26, 2008

TSC Retreat

I'm currently at our fall retreat, about to crash.

We had a great night. God is already working in the small group times after our session. I was convicted by the message, which was all about serving. I'll spare the details but I'll share a funny story...

I was walking back to my cabin with a student. We went through the usual questions...I asked his name, major, where he's from. So he fires back:
Student: "So what year are you in school? Freshman? Sophomore?"
Me: "No, I graduated a couple years ago"
Student: "What in?"
Me: "Speech Communication major, double minor in Philosophy and Religious Studies"
Student: "What do you do?"
Me: "I work with Salt Company."
Student: "That's cool. Talk to you later..."

I never did break the news to him that I'm 31, I've been married 8 years and have 4 kids. Or that I actually lead the Salt Company. Or that I was the guy on the stage leading the worship.

Oh well. He'll figure it out soon enough. Especially if he reads this blog.

I'm looking forward to many more awkward conversations just like this. But I remembered the most important thing about our conversation: his name. One name down, only about 359 left to memorize...

No comments: