Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gardening, Composting, and Dryer Lint

Last spring I checked out from the library the book Lasagna Gardening. Where we live the soil is very poor and by implementing some of the author's ideas of composting and layering organic matter, the soil has improved. How do I know? My garden actually produced vegetables, unlike the year before. I'm constantly on the look-out for things to throw in my garden. A friend recently gave me 7 bags of leaves which I gladly took and threw on my garden.

Another friend sent me this link about dryer lint and its many uses. Now this might sound pathetic, but I was so excited to learn I could use dryer lint in my garden as compost and around plants to help retain moisture. And, if I get real ambitious I could make clay out of it for the kids!


No comments: